Friday, August 24, 2012

End of Summer

Summer is nearly over and I am sitting on a lanai in Maui.  We fly home today and soon we will be back into the swing of work and school.  Our oldest son is off to university which is making me sad and proud at the same time. 

I having been working hard designing and I have many new patterns to share with you (16 new designs since June!) 

The first design I would like to share is called Floral Fusion and features the "Over the Rainbow" batiks by Laundry Basket Quilts for Moda. 

 

I love the colors of batiks but have always been a bit intimidated to work with them.  The solution for me was to add the neutral background to the blocks which showcases the rich colors.
 
 
I used fusible applique for the floral wreaths.  Because of the size of the quilt (73" x 97"), the edges of the applique need to be finished with machine stitching. 
 
While at Quilt Market, I discovered Fusible Vinyl which can be ironed onto placemats to make them water repellant.  The floral blocks would make very pretty summer placemats!
 
Aloha! I must go and pack......


No comments:

Post a Comment