Sunday, November 10, 2013

Bon Voyage!

This summer I was fortunate enough to travel to France and Spain with my family.  It was a lovely holiday and very inspiring.  Many of my recent patterns are the results of the hundreds of photos I took while touring around Paris and southern Spain.

Bon Voyage is a 56" x 68" lap quilt featuring Printemps by 3 Sisters.  The pattern features piecing and some applique.

My daughters and I were shopping at an amazing mall at Bailly Romainvilliers which is southeast of Paris.  When I saw this display in the outdoor mall, I immediately wanted to make it into a quilt design.  Printemps, by 3 Sisters, is the perfect fabric to re-create the display.


This pattern would also look amazing in large bright prints like High Street by Lily Ashbury or the modern prints by designers like Kaffe Fassett or Amy Butler.


Here is the actual quilt hanging in my booth at Quilt Market.

2 comments:

  1. where can I get this pattern for the suitcases?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen such poorly written directions on a quilt pattern in my life. The instructions are giving based on the color of the fabric used in this picture. You didn't think we might have our own ideas for fabric? made this quilt a couple of years ago and have wanted to make one for us. I got it out tonight and now remember how discussed I was the first time. Too bad there isn't any help on your blog.

    ReplyDelete